When it comes to achieving toned and defined triceps, this resistance band tricep workout can be your secret weapon. Resistance bands add an extra dimension to your workout routine, providing constant tension that engages your triceps muscles throughout each movement. In this article, we’ll explore powerful resistance band tricep workout that will help you achieve remarkable results. This is a great routine when you are out of town and don’t have access to a gym or weights.
Resistance Band Tricep Workout
Resistance band tricep kickbacks are an excellent isolation exercise to add into any resistance band tricep workout that zeros in on the back of your arms, helping you achieve that desirable sculpted look.
- Attach the resistance band to a fixed point or secure it under your feet.
- Hold the band with one hand and step back to create tension.
- Hinge forward slightly at the hips, maintaining a straight back.
- Keep your upper arm stationary and extend your forearm back until your arm is straight.
- Slowly return to the starting position, feeling the resistance in your triceps.
Perform 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions on each arm.
The next move to add into your resistance band tricep workout is is the tricep pushdown. The resistance bands mimic the cable machine exercise, delivering an effective tricep burn.
- Secure the resistance band to a high anchor point.
- Hold the band with both hands, palms facing down.
- Position your elbows close to your sides and extend your arms downward, contracting your triceps.
- Gradually release the tension and allow your hands to rise back up.
Perform 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
Elevate your tricep dips by incorporating a resistance band for an added challenge.
- Loop the resistance band around your upper back while seated on a stable surface.
- Place your hands behind you on the surface, fingers facing forward.
- Straighten your legs in front of you and lower your body, ensuring your elbows remain close to your sides.
- Push through your triceps to raise your body back up.
Perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Overhead Tricep Extension
The overhead tricep extension with a resistance band effectively targets the long head of the triceps.
- Step on the resistance band to anchor it securely.
- Hold the band with both hands, palms facing upward, and your elbows bent.
- Extend your arms overhead, maintaining a slight bend in your elbows.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower the band behind your head, feeling the stretch in your triceps.
- Push the band back up by fully extending your arms.
Perform 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Close-Grip Push-Ups with Resistance Bands
Last but not least in our resistance band tricep workout, we have the close grip push-up. Incorporate resistance bands to intensify your push-ups and engage your triceps even more.
- Loop the resistance band across your upper back, holding the ends in your hands.
- Assume a push-up position with your hands close together.
- Perform push-ups while focusing on activating your triceps throughout the movement.
Perform 3 sets of 8-10 push-ups.
Incorporate these effective resistance band tricep workouts into your routine to transform your arm definition and strength. By utilizing the constant tension that resistance bands provide, you’ll challenge your triceps in new ways, fostering growth and tone. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced fitness enthusiast, these exercises can be customized to suit your fitness level. Remember, consistency and proper form are key to achieving the best results. Start incorporating these workouts today and enjoy the rewards of sculpted, strong triceps that you’ll be proud to show off.
Here are the bands that I use and recommend for any tricep resistance band workout.